|Also known as/Alias(es):||Black Lung (by Micah Bell)|
|Appearance(s):||Red Dead Redemption 2|
- Succumbed to tuberculosis (High Honor, Determinant)
- Shot in the head by Micah Bell (Low Honor, Help John, Determinant)
- Stabbed in the back by Micah Bell (Low Honor, Go back for money, Determinant)
|Date of birth:||1863|
|Date of death:|| Cliff in Grizzlies East, State of Ambarino, 1899 (Age 36, Help John get to safety)|
Beaver Hollow, Roanoke Ridge, State of New Hanover, 1899 (Age 36, Go back for the money)
|Home:|| Campsite: Near Blackwater, Great Plains, West Elizabeth (prior to Chapter One)|
Colter, Grizzlies West, State of Ambarino (Chapter One)
Horseshoe Overlook, The Heartlands, State of New Hanover (Chapter Two)
Clemens Point, Scarlett Meadows, State of Lemoyne (Chapter Three)
Shady Bell, Bayou Nwa, State of Lemoyne (Chapter Four)
Guarma, Coast of Cuba (Chapter Five)
Lakay, Bayou Nwa, State of Lemoyne (Chapter Five ending)
Beaver Hollow, Roanoke Ridge, State of New Hanover (Chapter Six)
|Affiliation(s):|| Dutch van der Linde (formerly)|
Van der Linde gang (formerly)
|Vehicle(s):|| Boadicea (former horse)|
Tennessee Walker (default horse)
|Family:|| Lyle Morgan (father, deceased)|
Beatrice Morgan (mother, deceased)
Mary Linton (ex-fiance)
Eliza (significant other, deceased)
Issac (son, deceased)
|Voiced by:||Roger Clark|
- "John made it. He’s the only one. Rest of us....no. But, I tried. In the end, I did."
- ―Arthur to Dutch van der Linde and Micah in his dying moments and his possible last words (determinant)
Arthur Morgan is a main character and is the protagonist of Red Dead Redemption 2 until his death at the end of the sixth chapter. He was part of Dutch van der Linde's gang until the falling out due to each other's trust decreasing.
The player can determine what he looks like. He can either be messy, clean, or a little bit of both. He can have a beard or not depending if the player decides to let his beard grow or shave it. He can either have long hair or short hair as well, again, depending on how the player treats him. After beating up a man named Thomas Downes, he contracted Tuberculosis, which makes him appear slightly pale with his eyes looking sickly. He can also have red cheeks, well red.
Depending on the player's actions, either Arthur will be a caring and helpful man or a violent and evil man. Even though he is a outlaw, he may sport a good side on some things, like how he helps the Downes family after Thomas Downes died, despite Downes' wife telling him to stay away.
Born in 1863 to Lyle Morgan and Beatrice Morgan, while he was little his Mother died. He Witnessed His Fathers Death.
He Was Found by Dutch Van Der Linde,
And Hosea Matthews,
Dutch Became A Father Figure To Arthur.
Dutch Taught Arthur How To Read, Shoot, Etc.
Hosea Taught Arthur How To Fish It Is Assumed, Then Dutch Found A Young Orphaned Boy Named John Marston. Dutch, Hosea Did The Same Thing They Did With Arthur.
Killed By Edit
- Leopold Strauss (Indirectly Caused)
- Thomas Downes (Indirectly Caused)
- Micah Bell (Determinant)
Due to Arthur beating up Thomas Downes, who has Tuberculosis, under Leopold Strauss' orders, while Arthur held him up against the fence, Downes coughs on him, which causes him to receive Tuberculosis. He later learns of it after he was helped to the hospital while almost passing out in a town. During the final mission of Chapter Six, Arthur is then engaged in a fight with Micah Bell either in the gang's destroyed camp in Beaver Hollow if he chose to go back for the money, or on the ridge of a unknown cliff in Grizzlies' East after he has helped John. If in the gang's camp, Micah attempts to sink his knife into his chest. Depending on Arthur's Honor Level, either he will succeed or fail as Arthur bites his hand. Either way, Dutch then confronts both of them and soon walks away. Then, if Arthur's Honor is too low, then Micah turns to him, knife in hand. As Arthur is crawling away, Micah then says that "it's been a lotta fun" before stabbing him in the back, which then in a matter of seconds, kills Arthur. Otherwise, if his Honor is high enough, Micah will ignore Arthur and leaves him to die. Arthur then looks up at the sky before lying down and passing away peacefully due to his Tuberculosis. If Arthur chose to help John get to safety, after a brutal fist fight with Micah, Arthur is then trying to crawl to a unholstered gun on the ground to shoot Micah with it. However, just as he reaches the gun, Dutch then steps on his hand to stop him. Soon, Dutch leaves the ridge without Micah, leaving both him and Arthur. Then, depending on Arthur's Honor, if it is too low, Micah then walks towards him and pulls out his gun, claiming that he is no better than him. Soon, Micah then shoots him in the head, killing him instantly while laughing manically at his corpse before walking away. If his Honor is high enough, Micah will storm off in anger. Arthur then crawls to an edge, where he leans against the cliff wall as he watches the sunrise before passing away due to his Tuberculosis.
Sometime after his death, Charles Smith received word about the gang’s downfall and both Arthur and Susan Grimshaw’s deaths and goes back to bury both their bodies. Arthur’s grave is seen on a mountain next to the Mysterious Hill Home in Grizzlies East, Ambarino.
Arthur‘s attempt in giving John a second chance in life proved fruitful as eight years later, John and his family settle down in Beecher’s Hope as ranchers. However, John goes against his word about how to not look back at the past and goes to kill Micah Bell with Sadie Adler and Charles Smith to either avenge Arthur (if Micah killed him), or avenge the gang. They succeed but this action leads to the government kidnapping John’s family and John’s own demise four years later.
If Arthur has conversed with some interesting civilians throughout his journeys, they can remember Arthur fondly. The list of people that can remember him is:
- Mickey: If Arthur met Mickey in Valentine, Mickey will tell John that he looks similar to Arthur, saying that he has the same rugged look as him, but couldn’t quite remember his name. After hearing that Arthur has passed, Mickey is a little sorrowful for Arthur’s sadly demise.
- Rhodes War Veteran: If Arthur talked with the veteran outside of the Rhodes General Store, then eight years later, the veteran will remember John riding with Arthur a while back, then John breaks the news that he has passed away, which the veteran feels sorrowful.
- Hamish Sinclair: If Arthur completed some of Hamish’s missions but does not finish the rest of them, then depending on which missions were completed, Hamish may mention that either Arthur helped him with his leg, went fishing with him, or both helped catch the giant fish and killed a wolf with his bare hands.
- Charlotte Balfour: If Arthur helped her in all of her missions, John will pay a social call, with Charlotte fondly remember Arthur and sorrowful over his passing. She allows John to take whatever he needs as he is a friend of Arthur’s.
In Red Dead Redemption’s “The Last Enemy That Shall Be Destroyed“, as John is evacuating his family from the farm, John says the same line Arthur said to him before his passing, which is “don’t look back”.