Rockstar Advanced Game Engine, usually abbreviated as "RAGE", is a game engine created by video game developer Rockstar Games and a small team called the RAGE Technology Group at the Rockstar San Diego studio, with contributions by other Rockstar Games studios. Rockstar intends to use it to power their upcoming video games on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles.
RAGE was retooled and extended to add ambient occlusion, improved lighting and particle systems in Grand Theft Auto V, and DirectX 11 support, along with the aforementioned enhancements in the Microsoft Windows version of Max Payne 3.
Games Powered by RAGE
- Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis (2006; 2008)
- Grand Theft Auto IV (2008)
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City
- Midnight Club: Los Angeles (2008)
- The Lost and Damned (2009)
- The Ballad of Gay Tony (2009)
- Red Dead Redemption (2010)
- Undead Nightmare (2010)
- Max Payne 3 (2012)
- Grand Theft Auto V (2013)
- Agent (TBA)